contact. John Gillispie at firstname.lastname@example.org
please sign the Guest Book
Hazel Green was established as a Town in when the original plot's was recorded on January 22, 1849. the original plot's called for 27 lots the streets were named as follows: Main Street, Grassy Street and Church Street. Willaim Trimble deeded to the trustees of the Christian Church of Hazel Green, Ky. A parcel of land adjoining the town of Hazel green on December 8, 1849. The trustees were Willaim Lacy Sr., Philip Little and Harrison Swango. The first Christian Church Bell was bought by ox wagon in 1868. Hazel Green Academy was established in 1880. The first school building for Hazel green Academy was built in 1885, the building was 30X50 feet. The first graduation class was in 1895. Perre Hall was dedicated in 1902, thiws is in all probability one of the most accurate accounts of the early history of Hazel Green Academy available being copied verbatum on July 23, 1953 from a copy of the Hazel Green Hearld, published on September 12, 1907, edited by Spencer Cooper.
Historical Data on Hazel Green, KY.
This Website was updated. November 3. 20012